Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

10 awesome Personas themes for Firefox 3.6

Filed under: , , , ,

Happy Firefox 3.6 release day! In honor of the official release of the latest and greatest version of Mozilla browser, I thought I'd highlight one new feature in particular: Personas. Firefox 3.6's Personas support allows you to change the look of Firefox with a single click, no restart required. If you've used themes in Google Chrome, you're already familiar with the idea.

The Personas gallery features a daunting 35,000+ themes already, but I took on the challenge of combing through them to separate the good and usable from the just-plain-ugly. I ruled out Personas that lacked contrast or otherwise made the Firefox toolbar tough to read (note to Personas designers: there were way too many of these), and then picked the most visually pleasing candidates from what was left.

I hope you enjoy these Firefox skins, but my list is by no means definitive. If you find a Persona that puts mine to shame and deserves a top place on the list, leave me a comment!

Take the jump to explore the gallery!

Continue reading 10 awesome Personas themes for Firefox 3.6

10 awesome Personas themes for Firefox 3.6 originally appeared on Download Squad on Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment