Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ask DLS: Do drag-and-drop associations work on your Windows 7?

Filed under: , , , , ,

WinSuperSite was talking about an interesting feature in Windows 7 the other day. Apparently you can drag files to an application pinned to your taskbar to associate it with that program. At least, that's what some other users have said.

I gave it a try, and met with no success.

I tried with PNG and JPEG images, but dragging them to FastStone MaxView didn't do anything - the file just scooted to the side and pinned itself to the taskbar. I tried ISO files and ImgBurn. Same result. I tried ZIP files and 7-Zip. No dice.

If you're running Windows 7, does it work for you? If it's limited to certain applications, I'm not convinced how useful a feature it is. If I'm missing something, please tell me.

And one further question: with so many people running the beta, is it time for Microsoft to publicize a detailed list of features like this in Windows 7, or is it better for testers to keep stumbling onto them on our own?

Ask DLS: Do drag-and-drop associations work on your Windows 7? originally appeared on Download Squad on Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment