Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Best Name Anagram - what's yours?

Filed under: , ,

Best Name Anagram

Do you remember learning what an anagram was in school, then spending countless hours trying to figure out what your name could be an anagram for? And if I do, does that make me an incredible nerd?

Okay, so now that confession time is over, I have one more thing to confess. I was never able to come up with anagrams that were any good for my name, and it turns out that there's a pretty fantastic one. How did I find it? Best Name Anagram is a simple web app that takes text input of any kind, and determines what the best anagram is that can be created using those letters. It seems to favor resulting anagrams comprised of longer words, but some names, like Download Squad, don't really have a great resulting anagram.

I probably had a little too much fun punching in my family's names, and then friends and co-worker's names. They say simple things amuse simple minds, and I can't really argue that fact.

Oh, and what does my name come out as? The not-at-all-embarrassing-I'm-totally-cool-with-it-no-really CARNAL JOKES. Nice eh?

Best Name Anagram

Best Name Anagram - what's yours? originally appeared on Download Squad on Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment