Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Custom Twitter backgrounds, only $100 unless you're popular

Filed under: , ,

Twitter ImageIs there anything more addictive than Twitter? If you're in full-blown Twitter addiction, you might be looking to spruce up your Twitter profile page. While you can change a few of the colors, the most effective way to differentiate your Twitter profile is to change the background image. If you want something professionally done that will really wow people, check out Twitter Image. They've done free designs for a number of well-known twitterers, and you can browse through screenshots of the professional designs they've done. Or, if you like, you can browse their currently two pages of royalty-free generic background images.

The free ones are part of a limited time offer that Twitter Image is offering for popular twitterers. If you have more than 2000 followers, Twitter Image will create you a custom background for free. For everyone else, they are currently offering 25% off (or more) of the $100 price, though the "or more" part is not clearly defined.

What I'm wondering is if there is actually anyone out there that is willing to shell out $100 for a background image for their Twitter page? While I'm not a heavy Twitter user, I follow over 100 people regularly, but do so almost entirely through client applications - in my case, Twitterrific on both my Mac and my iPhone. I could care less what background is on my own Twitter page, much less those of the people I follow - in fact, I find the customizations either forgettable, or annoying.

Am I out to lunch? Is there a market for $100 background images? Where do you stand? Let me know in the comments.

Custom Twitter backgrounds, only $100 unless you're popular originally appeared on Download Squad on Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment