Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

DLS Interview: OpenDNS Founder and CEO David Ulevitch

Filed under: , , , , ,

We are long-time fans of the free DNS-lookup service OpenDNS, which serves as a replacement for your ISP's DNS. We recently got a chance to ask the founder and CEO of OpenDNS, David Ulevitch, for a quick history of OpenDNS and for an update on the service.

DLS: What got you involved in DNS?

David
: When I was a freshman at Wash U. in St. Louis, I started becoming more active online. I went to buy a domain name and in the process, learned of the need for a solid, reliable DNS service. I was already running my own server, so I took the obvious next step and wrote my own DNS management software. The need became even more obvious when word about my software got around and several people wanted to use it. The software eventually became a service, EveryDNS.net, that's still operating today.

Continue reading DLS Interview: OpenDNS Founder and CEO David Ulevitch

DLS Interview: OpenDNS Founder and CEO David Ulevitch originally appeared on Download Squad on Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment