Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stupid Windows 7 / Vista trick: who needs Hawkscope?

Filed under: , , ,


Hawkscope is an interesting app. It's got some good features (especially if you install the GMail or Twitter plugins), but I really don't like the fact that it kills Aero Glass on my Windows 7 machine. The same is likely true for Vista, but it's been so long since I tested the app that I can't quite recall.

At any rate, one of the key features of Hawkscope is that it allows you to "access all your partitions from the system tray." Wait a tic - haven't we been able to do that as far back as Windows 98 (possibly even 95, but again, memory fails me)?

Right click your taskbar, choose toolbars -> new toolbar and browse to My Computer. Press select folder, and you're done. Even your removable drives will show up when they're plugged in since the toolbar updates the same way the My Computer window does.

Now you've got the best of both worlds - fast access to your drives and Aero Glass!

Stupid Windows 7 / Vista trick: who needs Hawkscope? originally appeared on Download Squad on Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment