Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hardware theme for Google Chrome is PCB-inspired awesomeness

Filed under: ,

I love Roman Nurik's Android-inspired theme for Google Chrome -- but it's nice to change things up every now and then. Today, I've switched over to a new theme called Hardware which was inspired by (or remixed from) Roman's theme.

Instead of Robot's muted grays and greens, Hardware is electric blue on black with a printed circuit overlay. If you're a fan of darker themes, this is one of the best ones I've found in the Chrome Extension Gallery. The font color on the bookmark toolbar could be tweaked to stand out a bit more, but I usually use the --bookmark-menu command line switch anyway so it's not something I'd complain about.

Gotta love that circuitry. I like to use it as a kind of "geek pride" badge since I know most of my customers (and plenty of my friends) probably wouldn't call a printed circuit "beautiful."

Hardware theme for Google Chrome is PCB-inspired awesomeness originally appeared on Download Squad on Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:17:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment