Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Preemptive FAIL : Five easy things Verizon isn't doing to fix Android

Filed under: , , , , , , ,

It's all over the place; Verizon is embracing Android. Google loving apologist geeks everywhere are heralding the 85 million new customers -- who are obviously ready to try Android, if only Verizon would let them -- as the beginning of a new era in mobile phone competition. The cries of panacea are all I've heard all day:

"It's going to be a floodgate of new users! "

"Death to the iPhone!"

And, as one particularly difficult to satisfy commenter on another blog wrote:

"Get over yourselves apple and make a new product."

I'll have to admit, as a current G2, and previous G1 owner, I was a little excited myself. Then I read one thing from the joint Verizon/Google press call which made me crestfallen.

"Verizon also has no plans to make any changes to the Android Market."

And with that, all my dreams of an Android controlled world ran away like so much sand through my fingers. This is an enormous mistake, Verizon. Care to know why? The Android Market is terrible. It's worse than terrible, it's horrible.

Horrible, and just a little bit dangerous.

I've got a list of five things Verizon must do to the Android Market if they're to have any hope of even modest success.

Continue reading Preemptive FAIL : Five easy things Verizon isn't doing to fix Android

Preemptive FAIL : Five easy things Verizon isn't doing to fix Android originally appeared on Download Squad on Tue, 06 Oct 2009 21:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment