Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Hands on with Fring, the all-in-one VoIP and IM app for Android

Filed under: , ,

Today... my Android phone arrived!

Yes, I finally bit the bullet and bought one. I had hoped that someone would send me a review sample of a sexy HTC or something, but alas... cheap bastards... Anyway! This means you'll now be treated to reviews of Android apps. Most of them will be free and available from the Android Marketplace, but I will also occasionally turn my attention to the slightly seedier selection of under-the-counter apps.

I actually wanted to review Skype first -- to make the most of my unlimited data package -- but as you may already know, it's not available for Android yet. Instead, I turned to Fring, a free app that communicates with just about every messaging network out there. MSN, Google Talk, Yahoo, ICQ, AIM, Twitter... and Skype!

Yes, you can make and receive Skype video calls with Fring. Also, don't despair if you don't have an Android phone -- you can install Fring on just about every breed of smartphone, including the iPhone.

Continue reading Hands on with Fring, the all-in-one VoIP and IM app for Android

Hands on with Fring, the all-in-one VoIP and IM app for Android originally appeared on Download Squad on Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment