Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Preme For Windows 7 is a neat window management utility that almost works

Filed under: , ,

preme

Preme For Windows 7 is a utility that tries to let you manage your windows more easily. I can tell you one thing about its developers, though: they use a completely stock Windows 7 installation, with the taskbar in the default location and just one monitor.

I'm quite sure of this, because many of the functions utterly (and sometimes comically) failed when faced with my setup; I use dual monitors, and the taskbar is placed vertically on the secondary monitor. Here's a quick rundown of what the functions do, and whether or not they worked. I'm going to list them clockwise according to the image above, starting with Window Switcher Corner:

  • Windows Switcher Corner: This is supposed to activate Alt-Tab or Aero Flip 3D when you hit a hotspot on the top-left side of the monitor. It was an utter fail. I hit the spot again and again, but nothing happened. It kind of reminded me of ... never mind, moving on.
  • Touch Slide Window: This is the one that comically failed. The idea is neat. You single-click the area right under the minimize/maximize/close buttons, and it slides the window outside of the screen. All that remains is a thin bar (the border of the window), and when you hover over it, the window slides back into view. That sounds neat, right? Well, it "hid" stuff by moving it off of my primary monitor and onto my secondary one. It placed it under my taskbar, no less. It was really, really lame but also kind of funny.

Continue reading Preme For Windows 7 is a neat window management utility that almost works

Preme For Windows 7 is a neat window management utility that almost works originally appeared on Download Squad on Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment